Whidbey Island Beckons
Riders have five routes to choose from, each with a hospitality break-station every 10-12 miles:
- Whidbey Century-100 mile route through beautiful South Whidbey, including through the streets of downtown Freeland and Langley's Village By the Sea.
- Metric Century Plus-67 mile route through Central/South Whidbey Island passing beautiful Deer Lake.
- Half Metric Century-33 mile South Whidbey routes provide the same gorgeous scenery, but with less elevation change.
- A family-friendly 10 mile route winds through the areas in and around Greenbank Farm.
Ride Safely - Helmets Mandatory!
The Tour de Whidbey is not a race. Riders start and finish at their own pace. All roads are open to normal traffic.
Riders are asked to be courteous to local drivers and obey the rules of the road.
Participants are asked to ride in single file.
We recommend that each rider bring a cell phone for emergencies, a repair kit and warm and waterproof clothing that can be layered to respond to the weather.
Easy to Register
Tour de Whidbey riders have four registration choices:
- Register online at active.com.
- Through the Tour de Whidbey website by downloading our registration form, completing the form and mailing to: WhibeyHealth Foundation,
PO Box 641, Coupeville WA 98239.
- Pick up a registration form at Dean’s Sports Plus or Skagit Cycle Center in Oak Harbor, Bayview Bicycles in Langley, or in the WhidbeyHealth Medical Center (formerly Whidbey General Hospital) lobby.
- From 7 to 9:30 a.m. on the day of the ride at the Greenbank Farm start site.
33, 67, 100 mile rides
- Individual rider: $60
- Military rider: $50
- Tandem team: $95
10 mile ride
- Adult rider and up to three kids under 14: $25
- Military rider: $20
- Tandem team: $40
Riders must be 12 years or older to participate in the 33, 67 or 100 mile rides. No age restriction to ride the 10 mile route.
All minors (children under 18) must be accompanied by an adult rider over 18. No more than three minors per adult rider. A waiver must be signed by a parent or guardian for any minor rider.