1.22.2021 @ 10:00am
This is a continuation in a series of updates for the community regarding vaccinations for COVID-19.
As an ‘open’ vaccination provider for Island County, WhidbeyHealth is in the unfortunate position of having to cancel all first dose vaccine appointments scheduled through Saturday, January 23, 2021. These appointments will be postponed to a yet undetermined date in the future. Those whose scheduled appointments have and will be cancelled this week will be notified both by email and phone call to ensure the communication reaches our affected community members. WhidbeyHealth will do everything possible to reschedule those affected as soon as possible.
“We are eager to vaccinate our community and continue to meet daily with our County Health Jurisdiction as well as State Department of Health to allow us to effectively plan and prepare for additional vaccine efforts,” Erin Wooley, Chief Nursing Officer. “We will continue to provide the latest updates as we receive them and hope to provide clarity to a regularly changing and evolving process, to our community.”
- All scheduled first dose COVID-19 vaccinations that are scheduled through Saturday, 1.23.2021 are being cancelled due to vaccine allotment issues from the State.
- All affected community members will be contacted directly, both by email and phone call.
- Additional cancellations may be required based on allocations from the State. Scheduled vaccine recipients will be notified only if they are affected and in as timely a manner as possible.
- Those with cancelled appointments will have their vaccine administered as soon as possible.
- If you are affected by the cancellations, please do not attempt to call or email WhidbeyHealth to reschedule your vaccine appointment, in an effort to keep our phone lines available for those seeking urgent medical care. Once our vaccine allotment is received from the State, we will call you and reschedule – hopefully within one week.
We understand the frustration of those whose appointments are being cancelled and ask for their and our community’s continued patience and support as WhidbeyHealth and ICPH works to ensure that we continue to receive State allocated vaccine as requested. If additional appointments need to be cancelled due to lack of vaccine, we will notify the affected parties as promptly as possible through email and phone call.
Stay connected with us for current information at facebook.com/WhidbeyHealth.