A Whidbey Island property owner since 1985, Dr. Rochier and his wife finally made Greenbank their permanent home in September 2017 after spending countless weekends and vacations here.
He practiced for over 25 years in Federal Way in a variety of clinical settings, including solo practice, hospital practice and large group practice at Virginia Mason.
He served as Medical Director of Hospital Services at St. Francis, St. Joseph and St. Clare hospitals, Medical Director of the Adult Family Medicine Section at Virginia Mason, Medical Director of Primary Care and Medical Director of Telemedicine for Renown Health in Reno, Nev., and Chief Medical Officer of Renown Regional Medical Center, an 850 bed, level 2 trauma acute care hospital in downtown Reno.
His most recent position was Chief Executive Officer of Overlake Medical Clinics in Bellevue, Wash., but he longed to return to a full time primary care practice providing direct patient care.
He joined WhidbeyHealth Primary Care Freeland in March, 2018.
Patient Care Philosophy
- Through the process of patient education and empowerment, encourage shared decision-making and guide patients to optimally manage their own chronic conditions
- Follow evidence-based clinical guidelines and practices to provide the highest possible standards of care, while being a prudent steward of our healthcare resources
- Practice active listening to better understand the patient perspective at all encounters
- Demonstrate respect for the patient as a person at all times
Scope of Care
- Primary care adult medicine with an emphasis on health maintenance, prevention, evidence-based screening for and management of chronic conditions such as hypertension, hyperlipidemia, diabetes and other conditions
- Medical School: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Doctor of Medicine
Internship & Residency
- University of Texas Southwestern Affiliated Hospitals: Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas; Dallas Veterans Administration Medical Center
- Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Physicians