Douglas McKee, MD, has practiced in our Emergency Department since joining our medical staff in 2006. As a physician who is board certified in emergency medicine, Dr. McKee treats patients for any unforeseen medical condition such as trauma, chest pain, abdominal pain, OB/GYN emergency, stroke, infection, poisoning or substance abuse. He also provides continuity in care by coordinating post-emergency treatment with other physicians and health care practitioners. Prior to joining us, Dr. McKee practiced emergency medicine at Providence Everett.
Patient Care Philosophy
- Treat every patient with respect and compassion.
- Communicate clearly with patients and family members regarding what care is needed, both during their emergency visit and afterward.
- Collaborate with other physicians and providers who treat emergency patients to ensure ongoing quality and continuity of care.
Scope of Care
- Initial evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of patients of any age who require expeditious medical, surgical or psychiatric care for unforeseen illness or injury
- Assessment, stabilization and coordination of care for patients who require transport to another hospital for more specialized care
- Collaboration with primary care physicians, hospitalists and specialists to manage the patients who come to the Emergency Department to assure continuity of care
- Medical School: University of Washington, School of Medicine, 1987
Internship & Residency
- Internship: Allentown General Hospital
- Residency: Spectrum Health, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Board Certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine