Erin Simms, RDN, CD, CDCES, CNSC is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with 30 years’ experience managing the nutritional needs of our acute care medical/surgical and ICU patients in addition to managing chronic health issues such as diabetes in our outpatient setting.
Patient Care Philosophy
- Meeting patients where they are and helping them move forward in their pursuit of a healthful lifestyle. Nutrition is an important part of healing.
Scope of Care
- Clinical Nutrition Manager providing Nutrition Therapy & Diabetes Education
- Special Interests: Nutrition Support, Diabetes Education, and Oncology Support
- Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition: University of Massachusetts-Amherst
Internship & Residency
- Dietetic Internship: Medical College of Virginia in Richmond
- Certified Nutrition Support Clinician
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist
- Loves all outdoor activities, especially trail running, mountain biking, swimming in the Sound, and hiking.