Fred Chavez, M.D. joined WhidbeyHealth as a family medicine doctor Primary Care Cabot Drive in 2017. Dr. Chavez moved to Primary Care Goldie Street in July 2019.
He graduated from the University of Southern California with a bachelors degree in biological sciences. Dr. Chavez received his medical education from the Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara in Mexico.
Upon returning to the United States he also completed a year of additional training at New York Medical College prior to starting his residency. He then went on to complete his Family Medicine Residency at the UAMS Northwest Family Practice Program.
Patient Care Philosophy
- To educate, support and encourage patients and their families to be involved in all aspects of their care throughout the continuum.
- We are sensitive to the preferences, beliefs, and diversity of each patient and their family.
- We communicate with our patients and their families in a clear, timely manner, and openly share all pertinent information.
- We always treat our patients and their families with compassion, dignity and respect.
Scope of Care
- A special interest in gastrointestinal problems
- Experience with diagnostic and screening colonoscopy, including polyp removal and diagnostic esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Medical School: Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara (M.D.) and New York Medical College (Fifth Pathway Certificate)
Internship & Residency
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences-AHEC Northwest
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Association for Primary Care Endoscopy
- Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine