Heather Badger, MSN, ARNP, FNP-C joined WhidbeyHealth Primary Care Cabot Drive as a family nurse practitioner in 2018. She moved to Primary Care Coupeville in April 2019.
Badger provides primary care services to patients of all ages. She focuses on preventative medicine and early identification and treatment of disease. She strives to empower patients and families to play an active role in their health. She is passionate about primary care because she believes that through education, early intervention and smart resource management we can improve care outcomes and patient quality of life.
Originally a midwest native, Badger discovered Whidbey Island through her husband’s military service and they resided on the island from 2004 to 2007. She and her family happily returned in 2017, when she partnered with WhidbeyHealth for the final phase of her clinical education.
Badger brings with her a h6 clinical background in rural medicine, as well as a diverse healthcare experience in both community and acute care settings.
Patient Care Philosophy
- Knowledge is power! Provide patients and their families with education and resources to empower them to play an active role in their health.
- Build a patient-provider relationship based on active listening, open communication, mutual respect and trust.
- Utilize evidenced-based practice to provide the highest standard of care.
Scope of Care
- Primary care services for patients of all ages
- Chronic disease management
- Minor procedures and injury care
- Special interest in Elder Care
- Master of Science in Nursing, The University of North Dakota 2018
- Board Certified by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners