Kristina “Katarina” Johnstone is a Nurse Practitioner with WhidbeyHealth Primary Care Freeland. She began her nursing career over 15 years ago in San Diego, California, specializing in Critical Care. In 2018, she moved to Whidbey Island and worked as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Intensive Care Unit at WhidbeyHealth Medical Center while obtaining her Master of Science degree in Nursing. Katarina is dual certified by the American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) as an Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner and Family Nurse Practitioner.
Patient Care Philosophy
- Partnering with patients to provide individualized, compassionate, and holistic care.
- Supporting and encouraging patients to take a proactive role in their healthcare through evidence-based practices.
Scope of Care
- As a family nurse practitioner, Katarina is trained to treat the whole family, from infancy to the elderly.
- Associates Degree: Associate of Arts/University Transfer Studies: Grossmont College, El Cajon, CA 2003
- Bachelors Degree: Bachelor of Science in Nursing: California State University, Bakersfield, CA 2006
- Masters Degree: Master of Science in Nursing: University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, 2022
- Board Certified Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with the American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner with the American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC)
Katarina enjoys spending time with her husband and daughters exploring the Pacific Northwest. You can often find them on the water, crabbing or fishing. They also enjoy traveling and seeking new adventures.