Coupeville native Kristine Young has been a physician assistant for more than 12 years. She was on our medical staff between 2007 and 2013, rejoining us in 2014 after spending a year in Virginia near her husband’s family. A nationally certified physician assistant who completed her medical training at Duke University, she has practiced in North Carolina, Georgia and most recently Virginia before returning to Whidbey. As a physician assistant, PA Young practices medicine in association with a medical doctor. She has clinical experience in family practice, internal medicine, general surgery and dermatology. Consistently high patient satisfaction confirms PA Young’s commitment to clear communication and patient education.
Patient Care Philosophy
- Listen carefully to a patient’s history and address all their needs.
- Thoroughly explain all test results.
- Teach about disease processes and focus on preventive care.
- Work with patients to find the treatment that works best for them.
Scope of Care
- General medical care for patients from birth to old age
- In-office procedures such as X-rays, mole removal and joint injections
- Coordination with nursing staff to provide the best possible integrated care
- Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, East Carolina University, 2002
- Master of Science in Health Sciences, Duke University, 2002
- Certified by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants