Nicholas Perera, MD, provides emergency care for any urgent and unforeseen medical problem. He has been named a Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians (FACEP), which indicates an exceptionally high level of education, training, qualifications and conduct. Dr. Perera, who joined our medical staff in 2009, treats conditions such as trauma, chest pain, abdominal pain, pediatric illness, OB/GYN emergency, stroke, infection, poisoning or substance abuse.
In 2012 he was recognized by hospital colleagues for his professionalism, caring and respect for patients. Dr. Perera has served on our Credentials Committee, which evaluates the qualifications of physicians who practice at the hospital.
Patient Care Philosophy
- Provide personal and prompt care in emergencies.
- Ensure a healthy patient experience through teamwork with patient, family and nursing staff.
- Whenever possible, explain step by step to patients and family what is happening and why.
Scope of Care
- Initial evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of patients of any age who require expeditious medical, surgical or psychiatric care for unforeseen illness or injury
- Assessment, stabilization and coordination of care for patients who require transport to another hospital for more specialized care
- Collaboration with primary care physicians, hospitalists and specialists to manage the patients who come to the Emergency Department to assure continuity of care
- Medical School: Case Western University School of Medicine, 2006
Internship & Residency
- Maricopa Medical Center
- Board Certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine