Tony Bartley, MD, practices family medicine at our Primary Care locations in Freeland and in Oak Harbor on Cabot Drive. As a family physician, Dr. Bartley educates patients about the many ways they can help maintain their own health. He has served as our Chief of Staff and helped create and launch our hospitalist program, which manages the care of acutely ill hospitalized patients. A former Navy physician, Dr. Bartley has maintained ties to the military. He has worked in the Emergency Department at Naval Hospital Oak Harbor and periodically provides urgent care at the facility. Dr. Bartley joined our medical staff in 1985.
Patient Care Philosophy
- Listen closely to understand patient needs.
- Discuss problems and treatment options in ways patients can understand.
- Involve patients to be actively engaged in their own care.
- “Health care is not a spectator sport.”
Scope of Care
- Adult and geriatric medicine
- Treatment from minor surgery to ongoing care of chronic illness
- Referral to specialists as needed while helping patients understand how specialty care fits into their overall treatment
- End of life care
- Medical School: University of South Carolina Medical School, 1972
Internship & Residency
- Internship: Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital
- Residency: Naval Regional Medical Center at Charleston
- Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine