Ophthalmologist Mark Cichowski, MD, has served the vision care needs of thousands of patients over the past 30 years, both locally and abroad. Often accompanied by his wife Jan, Dr. Cichowski has undertaken international ophthalmology and volunteer missions to bring sight to patients in underserved areas such as Kenya and the Philippines. Closer to home, he practices at Whidbey Eye Center, which provides patients with advanced, progressive and high quality eye care to enhance their lives through improved vision. Dr. Cichowski is board certified in both ophthalmology and internal medicine. He joined our medical staff in 1983.
Patient Care Philosophy
- Enhance quality of life through improved vision while serving you in a cost-effective, efficient manner.
- Provide the most advanced, high quality and compassionate medical care.
- Work in unison with other members of your health care team.
Scope of Care
- Comprehensive ophthalmology including diagnosis and care of cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, corneal disease and many other conditions
- Surgical services including cataract removal, glaucoma filtering procedures, and medical blepharoplasty (eyelid lift)
- Laser treatment for secondary cataracts, diabetic eye disease and retina repair
- The most current intravitreal injection drugs for wet macular degeneration
- General eye wellness exams for glasses prescriptions and contact lens refills
- Medical School: Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, 1976
Internship & Residency
- Internal Medicine Residency, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Ophthalmology Residency, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- 360.678.2020 or 360.321.6620
- 109 NE Birch Street P.O. Box 1227 Coupeville, WA 98239