Benefits of Pulmonary Rehab Program
- Helps gain control of your breathing
- Offers education about lung problems, medications, breathing techniques and nutrition
- Improves your strength and endurance through a monitored exercise program
- Offers tips and techniques to handle stress, anxiety and shortness of breath
- May reduce your visits to the medical center for breathing problems
Diagnoses Helped by Rehab May Include:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Asthma/Asthmatic Bronchitis
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Restrictive Lung Diseases
- Lung Cancer
- Before/After Lung Transplantation
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Ask your doctor for a referral for Pulmonary Care at WhidbeyHealth Medical Center.
Medicare and other insurance plans often pay for all or a portion of this program.
Pulmonary education sessions are every Tuesday and Thursday for 30 minutes.
Exercise sessions are Tuesday and Thursday for one hour.
Call us for more information or class times at: 360-678-7656, ext. 2130 or 360-321-7656, ext. 2130.