- Whidbey Wellness
- If you would like to learn realistic and useful strategies to modify your lifestyle and improve your health, Whidbey Wellness is for you. This six-week program will help you change how you think about nutrition, exercise and mind/body wellness.
- When Sep 13, 2016 04:00 PM to Oct 20, 2016 05:30 PM (US/Pacific / UTC-700)
- Where WhidbeyHealth Medical Center at the Life Center
- Contact Name Mary Waters, Exercise Physiologist
- Contact Phone 360.678.7656, ext. 2130 or 360.321.7656, ext. 2130
- Attendees People with a desire for a healthier lifestyle.
- Add event to calendar iCal
Whidbey Wellness - Transforming Lives
Whidbey Wellness meets from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays for six weeks and is led by exercise physiologist Mary Waters. Each session includes 45 minutes of education and 45 minutes of exercise. You will learn realistic and useful strategies to modify your lifestyle and change how you think way about diet and exercise.
- Developing an eating pattern that fits your lifestyle and meets your nutritional needs
- Reading and understanding food labels
- Nutrition education with a registered dietitian
- Stress management techniques that will help reduce stress eating
- Developing a safe exercise program
- Learning to incorporate physical activity into your daily routine
- $250 for the general public
$160 for WhidbeyHealth employees and volunteers
Note: A personal interview is a prerequisite for this course. Deadline to schedule an interview is August 31. The interview will take approximately 1 1/2 hours, and must be made one week in advance of the class start date. Please wear comfortable clothing and closed toe/heel shoes.
To schedule an interview or receive more information, contact Mary Waters at 360.678.7656, ext. 2130 or 360.321.7656, ext. 2130.