Florida native, Kayla Gomez, PA-C, joined WhidbeyHealth from New York City in 2021. Gomez is a family medicine certified physician assistant practicing at WhidbeyHealth Primary Care in Oak Harbor on Cabot Drive. She began her career at a hospital and urgent care clinic in New York before leaving the big city to take in all that Washington and Whidbey Island have to offer.
When she isn’t practicing medicine, Kayla loves listening to country music, reading, snowboarding and exploring (Whidbey Island and its surrounding areas).
Patient Care Philosophy
- Listening to patient questions and concerns
- Empowering patients to be strong advocates in their health every day
- Healthcare should employ evidence-based medicine tailored to fit the needs of each patient
- Healthcare is a team effort between the patient and provider
Scope of Care
- Family Medicine
- Bachelor of Science: Florida State University, Exercise Science, 2013
- Master of Science: Monmouth University, Physician Assistant Studies, 2019
- Certified by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants