Carla Jolley, MN, ARNP, ANP-BC, AOCH, ACHPN joined our medical team in 1989. As a Palliative Care Advanced Practice Nurse, she focuses on improving quality of life for those coping with serious illness. As a provider and coordinator for the Palliative Care Consultative Service, Jolley sees patients and families in the hospital, in outpatient clinics, and in their homes. Palliative care is a specialized approach to providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain and stress of a serious illness, regardless of diagnosis. Jolley has worked in Home Health and Hospice for more than 30 years and has provided community and clinical education on topics such as advanced care planning, pain and symptom management, palliative care and end of life care.
Patient Care Philosophy
- Match goals and values to an individual’s care.
- Partner with patients, family members and providers to give an extra layer of support to those living with a serious illness.
- Focus on the patient rather than the disease; address how patients are dealing with both symptoms and treatments.
- Empower patients to achieve quality of life goals no matter where they are in the journey: recently diagnosed, in active treatment, completed therapy or nearing end of life.
- Recognize that living with a serious illness affects not only patients and family/support systems, but also influences what kind of emotional and spiritual support is needed.
Scope of Care
- Pain and symptom management
- Help navigating the health care system and community resources
- Guidance and support with difficult and complex treatment choices
- Advanced Care Planning
- Emotional and spiritual support for you and your family
- Master’s in Nursing in the Physiology Pathway, University of Washington, 1990
- Post–master’s nurse practitioner certification program in Adult and Geriatric Care, University of Washington, 1994
- Adult Nurse Practitioner from American Nursing Credentialing Centers
- Advanced Oncology Nursing Certification from the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation
- Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care from the National Hospice and Palliative Care Certification Corporation