Jak Nikomborirak, MD, is the director of WhidbeyHealth Sleep Care in Oak Harbor, Wash. Under the leadership of “Dr. Jak,” as he is known, the center maintains full accreditation by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, which indicates that it meets the most rigorous standards of excellence in the comprehensive management of sleep disorders. Dr. Jak is board certified by the American Board of Sleep Medicine as well as board certified in internal and pulmonary medicine. He has been the medical director of numerous sleep centers in the Pacific Northwest and joined our medical staff in 2005.
WhidbeyHealth Sleep Care is a department of WhidbeyHealth Medical Center.
Patient Care Philosophy
- Accurately diagnose sleep disorders according to guidelines established by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Educate patients because successful treatment relies on a patient’s understanding of the disease mechanism and the rationale behind treatment.
- Emphasize behavior modification rather than medication.
Scope of Care
- Diagnosis of common sleep disorders utilizing different types of sleep studies
- Treatment of sleep disorders using respiratory equipment, oral appliances, cognitive behavior therapy and medication
- Care for patients 12 years of age and older
- Medical School: Georgetown University School of Medicine, 1990
Internship & Residency
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Board Certified by the American Board of Sleep Medicine