John Plastino, MD, has practiced emergency medicine here since joining our medical staff in 1991. He is the most senior member of our Emergency Department, where he provides the initial care, diagnosis, treatment and management of acute, urgent and critical illness and injury. He sits on the Trauma Committee, which evaluates incidents treated here to ensure that our trauma care meets the highest standards. He is a past and present member of our Peer Review Committee, which examines overall hospital care to ensure it meets national quality standards. Dr. Plastino is well known in the community for his compassion, quality care and calm, reassuring demeanor.
Patient Care Philosophy
- Approach every patient encounter with tact, sympathy and understanding.
- Combine medical knowledge, intuition and judgment to alleviate suffering and conquer disease.
Scope of Care
- Initial evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of patients of any age who require expeditious medical, surgical or psychiatric care for unforeseen illness or injury
- Assessment, stabilization and coordination of care for patients who require transport to another hospital for more specialized care
- Collaboration with primary care physicians, hospitalists and specialists to manage the patients who come to the Emergency Department to assure continuity of care
- Medical School: University of Washington School of Medicine 1988
Internship & Residency
- Internship: Holy Cross Hospital
- Residency: University of Utah
- Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine