Dr. Williams is a general Obstetrician and Gynecologist with an interest in helping women of all ages lead healthy and full lives. He strives to create a practice where all the women of Whidbey Island can get care and will want to get care. Prior to a career in medicine, he obtained a degree in education and taught in the US and Japan, and he continues to see educating patients as the most important role of a physician.
While working with pregnant patients as they navigate a successful birth is one of the most rewarding parts of his job, he also enjoys family planning, providing wellness exams, managing abnormal bleeding, correcting prolapse, and treating a variety of hormone issues. Many problems can be fixed with lifestyle changes, but medications are also an important add-on for some conditions. If surgery becomes necessary, he enjoys providing minimally invasive surgery to patients.
Patient Care Philosophy
- People seek care to improve their lives. Health involves the whole person.
- I work with individuals to achieve shared health goals, not just see them as having a problem to fix.
- Everyone deserves compassionate, individualized attention, especially when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Education, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon
- Medical School: Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon
Internship & Residency
- Internship: Texas Tech University Health Science Center, Amarillo, Texas
- Residency: Texas Tech University Health Science Center, Amarillo, Texas
- Junior Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Dr. Williams always wanted to return to a small town and raise his family among friends and neighbors. He and his wife are excited to have their family back in the Pacific Northwest and love all that Whidbey has to offer. With their children, they enjoy going on adventures, making homemade pizza, playing pinochle, and anything Harry Potter.