As WhidbeyHealth’s Chief of Staff-elect, Douglas Langrock, MD, has practiced for more than 25 years at our family medicine clinic in Oak Harbor on Cabot Drive. He has held many leadership roles at the hospital, including two terms as Chief of Staff, where he acted as a liaison between physicians, administration and nursing. He helped launch our hospitalist program, which manages the treatment of acutely ill hospitalized patients, by recruiting hospitalists and by working inpatient shifts as the program developed. He enjoys the challenge of evaluating complex medical problems and integrating the information to treat the whole person. Dr. Langrock joined our medical staff in 1990.
Patient Care Philosophy
- Apply the best available evidence to my medical practice every day.
- Collect, integrate and use all available information to treat the whole person, not simply an illness or injury.
- Emphasize correct diagnosis, since proper diagnosis is essential to effective treatment.
- Involve my patients to participate collaboratively in their care.
Scope of Care
- Comprehensive family medicine, including pediatrics, women’s health (excluding obstetrical care), internal medicine, non-surgical orthopedics and geriatrics
- Exercise treadmill testing
- Special interest in primary care cardiology and metabolic disorders
- Minor surgical procedures, including circumcision, laceration repair, joint injection and “lumps and bumps.”
- Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine, 1987
Internship & Residency
- Oregon Health and Sciences University School of Medicine
- Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine