L. David Carnes, PA-C, practices at WhidbeyHealth Walk-In Clinic Oak Harbor, a department of WhidbeyHealth Medical Center.
Carnes joined our medical staff in 2020.
WhidbeyHealth Walk-In Clinic Oak Harbor
Patient Care Philosophy
- Treat every patient as if they are family.
About L. David Carnes, PA-C
- USAF retiree with 23 years of honorable service
- Recognized by the USAF as the Outstanding Global Health Person of the Year (2005)
- Won the Department of Defense Excellence in Deployed Preventative Medicine award (2009)
- Awarded the Bronze Star in 2005 for meritorious service in a combat zone
- Served on the prestigious White House Medical Unit treating the President and Vice President of the United States from 2009 – 2012
- University of Nebraska (Interservice Physician Assistant Program), 2000
- Wright State University Emergency Medicine Fellowship, 2006
- Master of Military Operational Art and Science Air University, 2011
- Board Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- PA Carnes is an active volunteer for North Whidbey Fire and Rescue as part of their Marine Search and Rescue team
- Prior to joining WhidbeyHealth, PA Carnes was the Medical Director for Skagit Regional Clinic’s Urgent Care Clinics.
- PA Carnes has practiced medicine in 17 countries and 42 states and considers Augusta Georgia his home or origin. He enjoys all the water activities that are abound in our areas. If is it in, on, or around the water he will enjoy it!