Our Diagnostic Imaging Department Offers
Bone Density Scanning
Breast MRI Scan and Biopsy
Computed Tomography (CT)**
Preoperative Wire Localization
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Breakdown of Hours for DI Services
CT scan – 24 hours/daily (outpatients typically are scheduled from 8 a.m. through 9 p.m.)
MRI scan – Monday to Saturday 8 a.m. through 4:30 p.m.
Ultrasound – Monday through Thursday 7:45 a.m.to 9:15 a.m.; Friday 7:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m., Saturday 8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Echocardiography – Daily (7 days a week, excluding holidays) 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Nuclear Medicine – Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
General x-ray – 24 hours/daily (outpatients typically scheduled from 8 a.m. through 5 p.m.)
Mammography – Monday to Friday 8:15 a.m. through 4:15 p.m.
Bone Densitometry (i.e. Dexa Scan) – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30 a.m. through 3:30 p.m.
*Screening mammography and X-ray are also available at WhidbeyHealth Primary Care Oak Harbor, Goldie Street and WhidbeyHealth Primary Care Clinton.
We also provide these nuclear medicine procedures:
- Bone Scans (cancer detection, joint prosthesis, stress fractures, inflammation and arthritis)
- Myocardial Perfusion Scans (cardiac ischemia, coronary artery disease)
- Gastric Emptying (stomach function and emptying rate)
- Thyroid scans (thyroid disorders such as hyperthyroidism, nodules, function levels)
- Lung Scans (pulmonary blood clots, COPD, pre-surgical evaluation)
- Renal Scans (kidney function and excretion rate)
- Gall Bladder, sometimes referred to as HIDA scans (various gall bladder disease states and physiologic dysfunction of the gall bladder)
- Lymph Node Localization (breast cancer and melanoma staging)
Our nuclear medicine department maintains accreditation with American College of Radiology and is staffed by a licensed nuclear medicine technologist. This department also acts as a liaison for advanced nuclear medicine exams referred to larger off-island nuclear medicine departments.
WhidbeyHealth accepts nuclear medicine referrals from your local or off-island provider, and quite often provides next day appointments for your nuclear medicine examination.
“I would definitely recommend having a mammogram at WhidbeyHealth.”
─ Mammography Patient at WhidbeyHealth Diagnostic Imaging