Our Diagnostic Imaging Department Offers
Bone Density Scanning
Breast MRI Scan and Biopsy
Computed Tomography (CT)**
Preoperative Wire Localization
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
*Screening mammography and X-ray are also available at WhidbeyHealth Primary Care Oak Harbor, Goldie Street and WhidbeyHealth Primary Care Clinton.
We also provide these nuclear medicine procedures:
- Bone Scans (cancer detection, joint prosthesis, stress fractures, inflammation and arthritis)
- Myocardial Perfusion Scans (cardiac ischemia, coronary artery disease)
- Gastric Emptying (stomach function and emptying rate)
- Thyroid scans (thyroid disorders such as hyperthyroidism, nodules, function levels)
- Lung Scans (pulmonary blood clots, COPD, pre-surgical evaluation)
- Renal Scans (kidney function and excretion rate)
- Gall Bladder, sometimes referred to as HIDA scans (various gall bladder disease states and physiologic dysfunction of the gall bladder)
- Lymph Node Localization (breast cancer and melanoma staging)
Our nuclear medicine department maintains accreditation with American College of Radiology and is staffed by a licensed nuclear medicine technologist. This department also acts as a liaison for advanced nuclear medicine exams referred to larger off-island nuclear medicine departments.
WhidbeyHealth accepts nuclear medicine referrals from your local or off-island provider, and quite often provides next day appointments for your nuclear medicine examination.
“I would definitely recommend having a mammogram at WhidbeyHealth.”
─ Mammography Patient at WhidbeyHealth Diagnostic Imaging